Today I want to give props to my friend Kami Huyse, of My PR Pro. If you read this blog, chances are pretty good that you read Kami’s (much better) blog, too – we seem to share many common readers. If so, did you catch this post about the Social Media launch of Journey to Atlantis, the new roller coaster at SeaWorld – San Antonio? Fantastic stuff…
The Social Media-savvy program included:
- A dedicated website (designed by Josh Hallett & Co.).
- A Flickr group, full of cool pix at launch.
- Not one but TWO video channels, at YouTube and Veoh (sidenote: I was impressed by the quality of the Veoh vids & website; guess we should expect as much from a former media mogul like Veoh investor Michael Eisner)!
- A dedicated site where user-generated content can be uploaded and/or tagged (i.e., Flickr photos or YouTube videos tagged “JTA” for Journey-to-Atlantis or “SWSA” for SeaWorld-San Antonio will be found, reviewed and uploaded to this site by SeaWorld’s marketing staff).
- A blog, complete with a blogroll that includes each and every “coaster enthusiast” blogger to whom Kami reached out to in advance of the launch-date of May 11. Linklove never hurts, when it is appropriate linklove (as this campaign demonstrates).
- A del.icio.us page with tons of links, and, importantly, Kami’s personal notes about why each link might be of-interest.
Posted on: May 7, 2007 at 12:41 pm By Todd Defren